From Veritas et Fortitudo
- When above the natural minimums listed below or the value set in Realm Management, as applicable, autonomy will naturally drift down provided you do not have the Insufficient Bureaucracy modifier and are not running the Decentralisation policy.
- Autonomy can be set to values of 10, 20, 30, 40, or 60 through Realm Management or Estate interactions. All other things being equal, the autonomy of the provinces in the area will drift upward toward this value. It can be used to keep unrest down in remote or unruly areas of the realm.
- The following minimums are hard-coded:
- Non-accepted culture moves up towards 20%
- Accepted, non-primary culture moves up towards 10%
- Majority noble/church ownership with serfdom moves upwards towards 20% and stacks with relevant values for culture
- Influencing Forts (not the basic fortifications many provinces have in the first half of the game) exert central authority, removing these minimums.