From Veritas et Fortitudo
Realm management can be activated through the decision screen and allows customisation of your realm by setting policies and directives specific to each area within your nation.
- Autonomy can be set to values of 10, 20, 30, 40, or 60 through Realm Management. All other things being equal, the autonomy of the provinces in the area will drift upward toward this value. It can be used to keep unrest down in remote or unruly areas of the realm.
- So long as your nation is adequately managed (see Government) your nation will naturally centralize over time but respect the natural minimums below as well as any you have manually set.
- Deentralisation policy will halt the standard trend of centralization in your nation.
- Non-accepted culture moves up towards 20%
- Accepted, non-primary culture moves up towards 10%
- Majority noble/church ownership with serfdom moves upwards towards 20% and stacks with relevant values for culture
- Forts exert central authority, removing these minimums.
Taxation and Levies
- Both can be set to light, normal, or harsh with effects on unrest and trade (taxation) or production (levies).
- The defenses of the area can be modified or augmented in a number of ways:
- Like taxes and levies, garrisons can be set to light, normal, or harsh
- Skirmishers can be hired to harass enemy forces increasing their attrition
- Supplies can be stockpiled to raise supply limits for your troops
- Changes in serfdom are now controlled in realm management on an area basis.