VeF Does Not Show Up in Steam
If VeF does not show up in the game launcher after subscribing, play in vanilla for 10 to 15 minutes then quit EUIV and Steam and restart. That is usually sufficient to have Steam process it.
If that does not fix it, the following procedure will reset the download
- Unsubscribe from the mod
- Quit Steam
- Remove vef.mod and vef.zip from your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod folder (if they exist)
- Navigate to the Steam folder in your Program Files (on Windows) or LIbrary/Application Support (on Mac). In the 'userdata' folder, find any reference to vef, vef.zip or vef.mod and delete them. Usually they are in a numbered folder, then in a numbered folder, then a folder called 'remote' then in a folder called 'mod'.
- Start Steam and subscribe to tbe mod.
- Play in vanilla for 10 to 15 minutes
- Quit EUIV and Steam and re-launch
VeF Crashes When Starting Up (Steam Download)
If VeF crashes on startup when using the Steam downloaded version, do the following
- Using the Steam client, make sure that you disable any betas or previous versions in the beta tab for EUIV
- Using the Steam client, verify the integrity of your local game cache in the local files tab
- Once Steam complets the cache check, quit Steam
- Move ALL save game files from Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/save games to a temporary folder
- Remove the veritas folder and veritas.mod file from Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod
- Follow the above steps to remove and restore the VeF mod files
- Deselect ALL mods except for VeF and start the game.