From Veritas et Fortitudo
Release Date: 2016-08-07
- Removed manual development in favor of a passive growth system. Development cost modifiers will affect development growth rate.
- The Black Death will now affect base development values, and halt growth at 25%.
- Added Revolution and Reign of Terror mechanics.
General Changes and Fixes
- 95 or more Meritocracy will now increase Governance by 20% instead of 25% at 100 Meritocracy.
- The event options scroll bar should now be more obvious.
- Ship types should now use the same name in all instances. No more trade ships being called "trade ships" in some places and "light ships" in others.
- States description now mentions the correct idea groups that increase number of states.
- Bohemia's elective government now lowers Liberty Desire.
- HRE vassals of the Emperor after revoking the privilegia will no longer gain progress towards integration.
- Added the Pragmatic Sanction.
- Messina is no longer part of the HRE.
- Fixed government name of Byzantine Empire when made into a march.
- Sweden's rebels are now a bit more powerful.
- Sweden's provinces now start garrisoned.
- Added a Karelian revolt to Novgorod.
- Added Cuba as a colonial region.
- Added government names for Ottoman Eyalets and Ethnarchies.
- Sieging Mecca owned by your muslim vassal no longer triggers siege of Mecca event.
- Added dynamic province names for Roman Empire.
- Fixed the unrest modifier from promoting/encouraging cultures not being cleared when promotion/encouragement was stopped.
Events and Disasters
- The Seat of Power: Event now changes Rome's culture to roman, instead of Neuchatel.
- The Seat of Power: Changed Stability hit to National Stability.
- Added event dealing with the abandoning of Greenland.
- War of the Roses will now end when winning the war against Lancaster/York instead of when winning any war while being at war with Lancaster/York.
- Various random events that would trigger when winning/losing a war against any country will now require winning/losing a war against the country that made sense.
- Lowered the prestige gained from Jeu de Paume.
- All religions that have Patriarchal Authority can now get events that affect it.
Missions and Decisions
- Byzantium: Recover Southern Italy and Recover Sicily missions should no longer trigger when there is possible target.
- Acknowledge Scottish Throne: Decision now requires losing a war with Scotland instead of being at war with Scotland while losing any war.
- Forming Roman Empire now requires the Emperor to be at peace.
Policies and Modifiers
- Lowered the effect of the Black Death modifiers.
- Diplomacy focus group line: Increased Diplomatic Relations to 2. Changed Global Manpower Modifier to Manpower Recovery Speed.
- Warefare focus group line: Changed Global Manpower Modifier to Manpower Recovery Speed. Changed Army/Navy Tradition to Global Manpower/Sailor.
- Increased diplomatic relations of first Diplomacy specialization policy.
- Increased effect on spy network construction of second Diplomacy specialization policy.
- Changed Missionaries modifier of Purity and Tolerance policy groups to Missionary Strength.
- Advisor cost in Bureaucracy policies changed to state maintenance.
- Roman Ideas: Changed technology cost to accepted culture threshold.
- Increased Byzantium's starting Meritocracy.
- Bologna, Iceland, Lithuania, Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Ragusa, and Venice now start with slavery abolished.
- Achaea: No longer considered a crusader state in starts after 1432. Added ruler in 1453.5.29.
- Ajuuraan: Starting ruler is now a 4/1/4 instead of 1/3/2. Changed dates of later rulers.
- Alwa: Changed dates of later rulers.
- Aquileia: Fixed name of 1350 ruler.
- Arakan: Changed primary culture to arakanese. Added rulers from 1297 to 1394.
- Armenia: Changed to Coptic and Eastern technology. Removed rulers (were a copy of Cilicia's).
- Akan States: Changed starting ruler to Nyagse. Changed dates of later rulers. Added rulers from 1804 to 1837.
- Assam: Added rulers from 1293 to 1389.
- Athens: Set fixed capital to Athens. Changed starting dynasty from "Brienne" to "de Brienne". Added starting heir. Changed primary culture after 1312 to catalan. No longer considered a crusader states in starts after 1312. Fixed Acciaioli dynasty. Culture becomes tuscan with Acciaioli dynasty.
- Aceh: Changed to Iqta. Added starting ruler.
- Augsburg: No longer historical friends with Bavaria and Austria. Set fixed capital to Augsburg.
- Ava: Added rulers from 1297 to 1364.
- Avignon: No longer starts with mercantilism. Set fixed capital to Avignon.
- Aydin: Changed to Despotic Monarchy.
- Ayutthaya: Added rulers from 1309 to 1388. Fixed spelling of Sukhothai dynasty. Added rulers from 1824 to 1853.
- Aztecs: Fixed monarch name of Axayacatl.
- Arakan and Sandoway provinces are now arakanese culture.
- Added starting rulers for: Sardinia, Padua, Hohenlohe, Neuchatel, East Frisia, Bremen Verden, Korea, Kaliz, Turov-Pinsk, Chernigov, Smolensk, Ryazan, Yaroslavl, Uglich, Kostroma, Galich, Beloozersk, Ustyug, Livonia, Jaisalmer, Marwar, Mewar, Dhundhar, Nepal, Kangra, Kashmir, Kochin, Kachar, Dawaro, Makuria, Kanem, Inca, Hejaz, Najd, Vientiane, Dai Viet, Lanna, Taungu, Bali, Makassar, Bologna, Chagatai, Frankfurt, Kedah, Karvuna, Novgorod Seversk, Oman, Pattani, Pegu, Polotsk, Songhai, Yotvings.
- Adal: Moved rulers one over.
- Yemen: Tweaked early ruler names.
- Afghanistan: Added rulers from 1823 to 1865.
- Albania: Added rulers from 1348 until the League of Lezhe.
- Algiers: No longer has a ruler named "French Governor".
- Al Haasa: Added rulers for the Jarwanid period.
- Changed Karamanli dynasty to uniform Karamanoglu dynasty.
- Anhalt: Cleaned up the ruler transition between Vef and Vanilla periods.
- Nuremberg: Set fixed capital to Nurnberg. No longer starts with a ruler named "Stadtrat". Starts with higher mercantilism.
- Chur: Added rulers until 1420.
- Nri: Added rulers until 1795.
- Orleans: Changed to County until 1344. Added starting ruler.
- Ragusa: No longer starts with a ruler named "Vijece".
- St Gallen: Changed to Theocracy. Added proper rulers from 1301 to 1504. Changed government rank to 1 (Abbey level). Removed starting mercantilism.
- Viatka: Changed to Merchant Republic.
- Berry now starts as a union junior of France instead of a vassal, until 1360. Culture changed to Francien.
- Tekke now starts as a union junior of Hamid instead of a vassal, until 1321.
- Ajmer now starts owned by Mewar instead of Mewat.
- Expanded Dheli's 1309 holdings further east.
- Varanasi is now a religious center.
- Renamed Allahabad to Lower Doab.
- Fixed location of starting Jaunpur cores.
- Renamed Karashar to Bahreich.
- Adjusted culture in some Central India provinces.
- Glory of Byzantium: Fixed culture of Neobatia.
- Glory of Byzantium: Byzantium now has a core in Limnos.
- Baden: Made the ruling line more consistent. Added starting heir. Added rulers past 1830.
- Bahmanis: Changed to Shiite Iqta. Various adjustments to the rulers.
- Baluchistan: Changed to Tribal Kingdom. Added 1817 ruler.
- Banten: Changed to Javanese Sunni Despotic Monarchy.
- Bar: Added heirs. Becomes duchy in 1354 instead of 1352. Adjusted monarch numerals.
- Basel: Set fixed capital. Changed to Theocracy.
- Bavaria: Added religious league to history. Added rulers past 1806.
- Baroda: Set fixed capital. Fixed capital location. Added rulers past 1818.
- Brunei: Stops being historical friend with Majapahit when changing to sultanate.
- Belgium: Changed dynasty name. Added 1835 heir.
- Benin: Added rulers before 1397. Added rulers past 1818. Changed dynasty to Eweka.
- Natives sub-mod: Changed Betsimisaraka to rank 2 Tribal Kindom. Changed its color, ideas, monarch, and leader names. Added ship names.
- Iceland: Changed ship names. Changed ideas.
- Roman Empire/Republic is no longer a copy of Tuscany.
- Sienna no longer starts with a ruler named "Sienese Republic".